Game Day Cocktails for the Super Bowl
The Super Bowl is just a few weeks away! Spice up your watching party with these unique cocktail recipes that are great for any game day!
3 cups tomato juice
12 oz. vodka (two shots per drink)
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 limes
1.5 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. fresh horseradish
4 t. Old Bay seasoning
2 t. hot sauce
1/2 t. pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, rim four glasses with Old Bay, and fill halfway with ice.
- Divide mix evenly between four glasses.
Big Game Michelada
- 1/4 cup of Salt
- 3 tbsp of chili powder
- 4 bottle of beer
- tabasco sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- Combine the salt and chili powder in a small bowl and transfer to a flat plate.
- Cut 4 limes into wedges. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each beer mug and dip it into the chili-salt to coat the rim.
- Squeeze the juice of 4 lime wedges into each mug.
- Add a lime wedge to the mug and fill with ice.
- Add 1 bottle of beer, a dash of hot sauce and a dash of Worcestershire sauce and serve immediately.
- 4 cups ice
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 3/4 cup tequila (more or less depending on how strong you want it)
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 lime for rimming and garnish
- Course salt
- Add the ice, limeade concentrate, tequila and beer into the blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Cut a lime into wedges and use a wedge all the way around the rim of your glass.
- Dip in salt.
- Pour Beergarita in and enjoy!
- If you are making these ahead of time for a party (or to just have on hand just in case), secure the lid and pop them in the freezer. The tequila will keep them the perfect consistency.
Blood Orange French 75
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- 1 small blood orange (about the size of a lemon), juiced
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- Agave nectar or sweet and syrup (optional), to taste
- 3 ounces Champagne or sparkling wine
- Fill a Champagne flute or comparably sized glass less than halfway with crushed ice (optional).
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in the gin and the blood orange and lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Taste and add agave nectar or simple syrup if necessary, to taste.
- Strain the gin mixture into the glass.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a blood orange twist.
The Bermuda Triangle
- 2 oz Gold Rum
- 2 oz Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir together without ice.
- Pour into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice and stir gently.
- Garnish with an orange wheel.
Whiskey Milk Punch
- 2 shots Canadian whisky
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons 18% cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-5 ice cubes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve and top with freshly grated nutmeg.
Winter Tea Julep
- 3 oz. bourbon
- 1 1/2 oz. brown sugar syrup (recipe below)
- 10 oz. boiling water
- 2 peppermint tea bags (or 2 t loose peppermint tea)
- Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C water
- Brown Sugar Syrup:
- Simply bring water and brown sugar to a boil in a heavy sauce pan over high heat.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, lower heat to a simmer and let cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove syrup to separate container and let cool.
- Constructing the rest of the drink is easy. For the two drinks, bring 10 ounces of water to a boil and brew peppermint tea.
- I poured the boiling water directly into two glasses and used a peppermint teabag in each. You could also use loose tea. Seep tea for about 4 minutes and remove teabag or infuser.
- Pour 3/4 oz. of brown sugar simple syrup into each glass and 1 1/2 oz. bourbon in each.
- And obviously a mint garnish.
Pomegranate Cranberry Sangria
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ? cup brandy
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale
- In a large pitcher, add the red wine, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, and brandy.
- Mix to combine.
- Add in the chopped pears and apples, orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the ginger ale.
- Mix to combine.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least several hours.
- Pour into glasses to serve.
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
See More News
Special Event FormFebruary, 2018 19
Do you have a special event coming up? Maybe a wedding, birthday party, bachelor party or just need a large amount of alcohol for a group? Let us help! Here at Providence Wine and Spirits, we want to help make your events easier with special orders of wine, spirits and beer. Download this Special Event Order Form below, fill out the informa...
Counting Calories? You can still have these drinks!January, 2018 10
One of the top New Year's resolutions is to be healthier, lose weight, or something along those lines. If you are like millions who are trying to shed a few pounds or make healthier choices, have no fear, YOU CAN STILL DRINK!!! Below is a list of "waist conscious" adult beverages to help you get through your diets and workout plans! 10 Cockta...
8 Holiday Drink RecipesDecember, 2017 06
The Holiday Season is the prefect time to host cocktail parties! Show off your bartending skills this year with these either great cocktail recipes. White Christmas Mojito Ingredients juice of 1 lime 8 leaves of mint 1 tablespoon of sugar 2 tablespoons of white rum 1 tablespoon of coconut rum 1/4 cup canned coconut milk sparkling...
Holiday Punch RecipeNovember, 2017 07
The Holidays are upon us and whether you have a crowd coming to your house or you are going to stay with family, here is the perfect recipe for an easy Holiday punch. This SUPER EASY HOLIDAY PUNCH has just enough bit, but not enough to get your crowd drunk. Along with delicious flavors of fall like cranberry and cider - this punch not only taste go...
Best Tailgate CocktailsOctober, 2017 02
Go all out for game day with these creative and impressive cocktail recipes. You are sure to win best tailgater for the game! Georgia Bulldogs Spiked Sweet Tea Recipe Since this is a tailgate, we'll take a shortcut with pre-made sweet tea. If you prefer, you can brew your favorite recipe. Ingredients 2 oz vodka 12 oz sweet tea 1 handful o...